Tuesday, August 26, 2008

My First Day in Denver August 24

My first day in Denver was awesome. I arrived at about 9am Sunday morning and as soon as you got to the baggage claim area they had media waiting and watching, volunteers and a welcoming committee. I was so overwhelmed at first. I got a ride to our hotel which is 20 miles from downtown. Yeah we're way in the boonies. lol. We got to the hotel at about 10am and they let us check in. How awesome is that?? Most hotels would have given us a hard time about "early check-in". The hotel room is nice. And the bar is nice as well. lol. I immediately got a call from a fellow member of Fort Bend Democrats (Ibis) and she so nicely invited me to go to the Rockies baseball game with her and family. So I went to enjoy a beautiful, breezy sunny day out in the "Mile High City". After the game Ibis took me back to the hotel and I got ready for the Civil Rights Movement Reception. I got great seats, 11th row on the floor. I saw Maxine Waters, Danny Glover, Tavis Smiley, Jesse Jackson's wife, daughter and son, the girl from the movie Great Debaters (her name soon to come) janelle told me her name is Journey Smollett, and Frankie Beverly. I got awesome pics which I will most definitely download shortly. I left the reception came back to the hotel to grab a bite to eat and to have a drink. The food was awesome and of course the drink was good. I met fellow delegates, and a couple newscasters and camera crews. I had a great first day. I want to really thank all of you who supported me, encouraged me, and contributed to me. With out ya'll I wouldn't have been here.

No comments: