Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Monday August 25, 2008 Denver Colorado

Well today was day #2 in Denver. I thought Sunday was awesome that was until I got on the floor of the Convention. It is so exciting and everyone is chanting and cameras are flashing. I mean its really live here. I started out my day missing the breakfast in the morning. I woke up at 9:35 instead of 7:00. I know a lot of ya'll are saying what else would we expect. But I ran litterally downstairs to ensure my credential was not gone. and it wasn't. I got my bag of goodies and also 50 more invitations. I decided to go to the Hard Rock Cafe and attend a luncheon with Charlie Wilson. He was awesome and the food and memosas were great. lol. I then attended the Youth Council Press Avail and it was cool. After this I got on a bus to the Pepsi Center so I could reserve a great front seat and that is exactly what I did. Second row from the floor and seeing everyone who is anyone walk by and a lot of video footage for media. After a million photos of fam folks and after a million speakers and after the great, beautiful, wonderful, magnificent John sexy Legend, Michelle Obama finally came on. I almost cried cause she is soo great and of course intelligent don't forget beautiful and she is married to Barack Obama. Hello!!! She gave such an awesome awesome speech. She teared up and show real emotion and was genuine. Her two daughters came out and Obama came on live tv from Kansas? And they acted as a regular family. It was great. After her speech we were invited to the Texas Gala which was held at the Mile High Station. We some how didn't follow the right signs to get to those "special buses" so we had to turn around and walk about 1 mile (seemed like) to our actual bus. But despite all this we got there to once again awesome food and awesome drinks. I saw Shelia Jackson Lee and was tempted to ask her why did she choose to support Hilary instead of Barack but figured I'd be nice. After we went home and I crashed in my bed. Well thats it for day #2.

No comments: