Thursday, September 4, 2008

Wednesday August 27, 2008

This morning I woke up a little late for the delegation breakfast. I threw on some clothes and hurried downstairs so I could get some breakfast. This day we learned that we weren't going to cast our votes by actual role call but we were going to pre-cast our votes after the delegation breakfast. We had to cast our votes with our credentials and license in hand. The Hilary supporters some how thought they would be able to change votes and needed someone to watch the process (whatever). So I cast my vote for Barack Obama of course and signed my beautiful name next to my vote and showed my beautiful picture and thought he has to make it to the white house. After this I managed to get Ibis a community credential for the Obama Speech the following night. Got their watch party passes told them to meet me at the hotel cause we're going to the Hard Rock Cafe to get some free food from some party. We got to the Hard Rock Cafe a little later than others but the Texas party was still rocking and the food was still coming. So we had a nice lunch with fellow Texans and fellow dems. We then decided lets go site seeing for all the protesters and other crazies there might be down the street. So after seeing some of the looniest people in the world, after seeing Ann Whitehead with the actual Verizon Wireless network behind her and after seeing Pas from the Fugees once again and him calling me instead of the other way around and after finally finding a spot at Starbucks and getting some divine coffee we sat. While we were sitting a guy who was filming a documentary asked to sit next to us. He started asking us our views about the race and we were joined by two other women enjoying some coffee. Once we got deep into the conversation he started videotaping us. He videotaped us for an hour before I had to leave for the convention and kept videotaping them after I left. I got to the convention center right when they stopped the role call and Hilary released all her delegates to Obama. Everyone was crying and crying and crying some more. Well then the speeches started rolling. And Bill Clinton had an excellent speech but there was one thing that upset me in his speech. But I'll let it slide. lol. Biden came out and did an exceptional job but oh when Barack came out just to say hello I started crying. I cried so hard because I've never seen someone who could influence change and inspire belief in government.

No comments: